Sunday, 8 December 2013

Few short Trollbloods battle reports

In one of my older blog posts, I described the Grim Angus list I've been using for some time (the original post can be found here). I really believe that this list can win a lot of games games, but I needed to test it, so I played several 35pt games during the last few weeks. This is the list I used: 
  •  Grim Angus (+6)
  • Troll Impaler [5]
  • Dire Troll Bomber [10]
  • Earthborn Dire Troll [10]
  • Lanyssa Ryssyl [2]
  • Troll Whelps [2]
  • Long Riders [7]
  • Horthol [5]

This list has low model count, but i think it has great hitting power and good threat ranges. So, let's see what happened.

Game 1: Khador

My opponent played eVlad. I cannot remember the exact list, but i think it was something like this: Spriggan, Kodiak, Drakhun, MoW Demolition Corps, Manhunter, Yuri the Axe and some other minis. I had to use the feat defensively here, to prevent Vlad's super - humans from charging. Actually, this situation is very interesting - sometimes, you have to use the feat to defend your models (and I've seen a lot of players forgetting that). Turn later, I got an opportunity to kill Vlad. Grim placed Marked for Death on eVlad, Lanyssa zapped him for 6 dmg. Impaler put his animus on Bomber. Bomber hit Vlad with the first bomb, but missed with the second, leaving Vlad at 1 point. I was able to pull this off - but I realized that I made some big mistakes with positioning - so my Impaler was unable to attack, because he was too far. Grim died the following round (ouch).

Game 2: Khador

Khador again. This time, pButcher, Winter guard with standard and kovnik, Beast 09, Drakhun, War Dog, Manhunters & Yuri, Widowmakers, Kell Bailoch. The opponent played a little bit defensively - I set everything up very easy. Grim popped his feat; he was too far for Marked for Death but he still could shoot. So, he shoots and puts some damage on Butcher. Earthborn picks Drakhun up, throws him on Butcher, misses, but the Drakhun lands exactly behind the Butcher. Impaler then threw his spear, got critical hit and slammed Butcher against the Drakhun and boosted the damage (rolling an additional die for damage, because of the slam). Bomber activates then - the first bomb killed the Butcher. In case that something went wrong, Horthol and one Long Rider had Butcher in charge range. This is one of those games where everything works like a charm.

Game 3: Legion

Since this game was played a while ago, I can't really remember every single model that my opponent played, but I remember his warlock was pVayl, and he had Typhon, some Shredders, Raptors and some other stuff. Both of us used the first turn for moving/running. In the second turn, he managed to put some hurt on my Long Riders, but then he made a grave mistake (especially when facing a list like Grim's): he moved Vayl too close to my models and spent all his Fury. Some of his models were also placed very conveniently - so in my next turn, Long Riders activated and slammed things around, knocking Vayl down as well. She almost died from collateral damage; Grim activated next, fired one shot and ended the game.


After three games with this list, it's still early to say anything, but I definitely see potential here: you have access to slams, knocking stuff down, SPD and DEF penalties and good ranged attacks. Since these were all casual, caster kill games, I still have to see how this list would work in Steamroller scenarios. Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment