Thursday, 28 October 2010

[Battle Report] Reznik vs pButcher, 35 points

Tonight, I played a 35pt game against Dejan and his Menoth army. As some of you know, I'm playing Trolls most of the time, but I also have Legion and Khador armies. Khador is my new shiny toy and I really enjoy playing that army - but there is still a lot to learn. Tis game was a little strange - and a very embarrassing one, at least for me. Simply put I lost.

This was my list:
  • pButcher
  • Juggernaut
  • Devastator
  • MoW Demolition Corps (3)
  • Great Bears of Gallowswood
  • Manhunter
  • Manhunter
  • Yuri the Axe
  • Widowmakers
  • Eyriss, mage hunter of Ios
On the other side, Dejan decided to play pretty unusual list (he wanted to replace his beloved Bastions with something else):
  • Reznik
  • Avatar of Menoth
  • Revenger
  • Crusader
  • Deliveres (6)
  • Exemplar Vengers (3)
  • Paladin of the order of the Wall
  • Rupert Carvollo
  • Choir of Menoth
The game started really bad for me. One lucky deviation killed all my Widowmakers except one, who failed hos CMD check (of course). Eyriss was killed soon after that, because I was too confident in her DEF 16 - she was killed with a spell arced from Revenger. Those same deliverers also killed one manhunter (who was on the same flank as Eyriss and Widowmakers) and one turn later, one of the MoW guys. Meanwhile, on the other flank, Yuri the axe and the second Manhunter killed two Vengers. The last Venger tried to hit them, but their DEF was too high (Tree walker rule). Paladin tried to help, but he also failed. Then Manhunter, Yuri and two Great bears failed to kill the lone Venger (rolled too low to damage him). Luckily, they did that in the following turn. Paladin was also killed by Yuri. Crusader charged the remaining two MoW guys and killed them, but Great bears with Fury on them destroyed him in the following turn. Deliverers then killed one of the Bears (I mean, come on!!) and Revenger finished them off. Butcher put some damage on the Revenger, but was pushed back with its shield (damn, I keep forgetting about it). Avatar charged the Juggernaut (who was going back - and - forth all game, trying tho get the charge on Avatar) and destroyed it. Reznik then popped his feat. I had to kill the Avatar with Butcher, but I knew tat Reznik was also in position to charge me in return. I couldn't allocate focus - if I could, I would throw the Revenger on Reznik. So, Butcher popped his feat, charged Avatar and killed him easily. Avatar went down, so Dejan was left with half -  operational Revenger, Reznik, Rupert, Deliverers and Choir. I had only Butcher and Devastator, who did nothing. Butcher still had 3 focus left after the destruction of Avatar, so I put Iron Flesh up and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, Reznik with Engine of Destruction is insane - he had no problem hitting and killing Butcher. 

Everything was happening here: the forest in the middle of the board
Ugh. I lost the last four games against Dejan. Three of those losses were with Khador and every time, I made some awful mistakes. Dejan is a good palyer, there's no doubt about it - but I definitely need to practice more, because some of those mistakes could be avoided. In this game, I lost Widowmakers and Eyriss due to bad positioning and was unable to kill his support, which provides valuable boosts to his jacks. Tree walker rule is great if you are fighting in the forest. Butcher's damage output is nothing new, but it's great to see him in action. Great Bears, as always, work great in my lists - but on the other hand, I know I am doing something wrong with my Demo corps. To make the things worse, my two jacks did nothing the whole game, just going round the terrain (if you ask Rick, he will tell you that this is nothing unusual :D). And I am going to have nightmares about those deliverers - Widowmakers, Manhunter, one MoW guy, one Great Bear... What, they are new gods of ranged combat now? 

I still believe in this list. I am waiting for Wednesday, when I'm going to play against Rick's Thornfall alliance. 

2 comments:

  1. Yep - and you'll be in pig trouble then.
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can always use Strakhov. Right now, I have an idea for mean Strakhov list. That's right - no more "friendly lists". I'll change it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete